Pro Guiding Service's Payment and Cancellation Policy
• Book a trip or course online using a credit card, call our office (425)888-6397 ext. 2 , or send a check to the address below:
• Make checks payable to:
Pro Guiding Service
PO Box 856
North Bend, WA 98045
• A 20% deposit is required to hold your spot for domestic and international trips and courses.
• Full Payment will be taken:
• 30 Days prior to scheduled start date for Domestic Trips & Courses
• 60 Days prior to scheduled start date for International Trips & Courses
• 50% of your deposit is refundable, 30 Days prior to Domestic Trips or Courses & 60 Days prior to International Trips or Courses.
• In this case, the 50% of your deposit can be credited or refunded.
• If one chooses to use it as a credit this can be used for a future trip or course. It can also be used for full retail value in our retail store, Pro Ski & Mountain Service. Credits must be used within 2 years.
• If you cancel within 30 days for domestics trip or 60 days for international trips the full cost of the trip or course is no longer refundable or creditable.
• If you cancel your spot on a trip or course and are able to fill the spot then we will be able to give you a full refund (either store credit or refund) minus a 10% administrative transaction fee.
• No refunds or credits are given for “no-shows” or those who prematurely depart from a trip or course for any reason.
• Once a program begins, no refunds will be issued for any reason.
Pro Guiding Service strongly recommends participants to obtain trip insurance in case of a cancellation. Unforeseeable events come up, personal situations change and mountain weather and conditions are unpredictable. Trip cancellation insurance is an inexpensive way to alleviate financial stress in such situations and may allow you to recover substantial financial losses. Here are links to a couple travel insurance companies:
Pro Guiding Service is not responsible for additional expenses such as airline tickets, hotels not included in the trip, car rentals, etc. incurred by the participant. Again, we strongly suggest trip cancellation insurance.
Trip cancellation insurance does not necessarily include rescue insurance. Please know that Pro Guiding Service does not include rescue insurance in their pricing. You might want to consider becoming a member of the American Alpine Club. It is an easy way to get worldwide rescue coverage.
1. TRIP & COURSE RATIOS
• All of our scheduled Trips & Course have a minimum number of participants required to make the trip feasible at the price offered. If we do not reach that number of participants on the trip, the trip is no longer viable.
• In this case, we can attempt to make the trip go at a future date, offer you to turn it into a privately guided trip at our Private Guiding Rates or the amount can be refunded or used as a store credit.
• Please Note – a 3% transaction fee will be taken for credit card refunds.
2. WEATHER & CONDITIONS
• If weather, mountain or travel conditions make the original trip or course objective not feasible, Pro Guiding Service reserves the right to change the venue or itinerary for the course or trip.
• If any of the above or related conditions prevent a trip or course from happening, the trip will be rescheduled with the attempt to fit the group’s schedules.
• If none of the proposed dates will fit a participant’s schedule a store credit will be issued.
3. REGISTERING A GROUP
• If registering for a group, the person completing the registration assumes financial responsibility for the entire group. This includes situations where people drop out and the final numbers of participants is changed. If one is uncomfortable registering for the entire group, you should have each member register individually.
• It is the participants responsibility to physically and mentally be prepared for the trip or course that they are attending.
• No refunds will be given due to early departure caused by lack of physical or mental preparedness.
• If you would like to make sure you prepared for the trip or course you are attending, please refer to the Difficulty Rating and Skill Requirements for your specific trip or course prerequisites. You can also check out our Training Tips & Prep for additional guidance.